Kids on the Run was Saturday, May 13th, 2017!
We hope you enjoyed this year’s event. At the 2017 event, we raised $300 for the Dolores C. Swoyer Camp Scholarship Fund!
Check back later for KOTR 2018.
Read about us in the news, Is your child always racing around? Try Kids on the Run!!
All events take place on the paved trails of Bohrer Park in the City of Gaithersburg. Children do not run on roads. There is a ‘rabbit’ runner who will lead the children in each event. There is a ‘sweeper’ who follows behind for each event insuring everyone makes it back to the finish line. There are multiple opportunities to see and cheer for the runners.
Participation prizes to all finishers of this non-competitive event:
- Special ribbons for all Toddler Trot and Half-Mile Event finishers!
- Medals for all One-Mile Finishers!
- Medals, Awards and Special Prizes for all Kids Marathon* (2K) Finishers!
- Refreshments for all Finishers!
* Kids Marathon Event (2K)
Run one mile on each day of any 25 days between now and May 13th. Have your parents, coaches or teachers record your efforts on the Marathon Log. At the Kids on The Run event, run the 2K (1.2 Miles) to complete the Kids Marathon, for a total of 26.2 miles. Then receive your medal, special award and certificate at the Awards Ceremony after you run!
Kids on the Run welcomes the following school groups:
- Sally Ride Elementary School Run Club
- Fields Road Elementary School
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
Does your school have a group running at Kids on the Run? Please let us know!
Thanks to our sponsors: